Undergraduate in University of Toronto, Computer Science, Specialist
Hello! This is Shaohong Chen. You may call me James if that would be easier for you to call me. I am currently an undergraduate student studying Computer Science Specialist program in University of Toronto. I entered the University in September 2019, and am expected to graduate in the year 2024.
My first intention to the area of Computer Science was video games. I have to admit, that it was my interest in video gaming from primary school that brought me into the area. Latter I got to learn more about the subject, and I was then able to know why we call it Computer Science, instead of Computer Application: Computer Scientists not only write codes, but also develop new algorithms, to improve people’s efficiency, and their life quality.
As a result, I decided to change my focus to Artificial Intelligence in undergraduate study. From the internship experience in July 2019, I found that AI algorithms are more of thoughts than coding, which means it can be applied to more than pure AI programs, but also other applications like computer systems, office programs, and also video games. It was this type of “Computer Scientific” thoughts that make me love Computer Science.
Industrial Digital Financial Services Co., Ltd.
Software Development Engineer Intern
– Develop new version of online shopping platform
– Add back-end filter to present items to users from intended sources
– Create webpage document demo for website control panel based on the framework Vue
Jiangsu Cultural Innovation & Development Co., Ltd
– Work for the preparation of 2020 Nanjing Tech Week
– Looked for international technology companies
– invited them to attend the online exhibition
– Individually complete research paper for online exhibitions
University of Toronto
– Computer Science Specialist
– 2019 ~ 2024
– CGPA 3.84/4.00
Nanjing Innovative Data Technologies
– Testing online Artificial Intelligence experiment platform
– Individually wrote a 14-page experience report
Nanjing Foreign Language School BCA
BCA Tube club
– Led club mates to record school events
– Edited and published school promotion videos
Nanjing Foreign Language School
British Columbia Academy
– A nice memory that I will never forget
– graduated in June 2019